I. General provisions
1. the following Regulations set out the principles for transactions in the LA GABRIELLE online store operating at: www.lagabrielle.pl which is run by the Seller.
Seller, manufacturer – LA GABRIELLE ARCANO SP.Z O.O.,CZERNIAKOWSKA 71 lok.415 00-718 Warsaw, entered in the register of entrepreneurs by the District Court for Warsaw, XII Commercial Department – National Court Register under KRS 0000419767 , REGON 146063792
Customer – is a natural person with at least limited legal capacity and at least 18 years of age, as well as a legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality.
Store, service – is LA GABRIELLE’s online store, operated by the Seller at the Internet address www.lagabrielle.pl Goods, Goods or Product, Products – means articles of clothing and accessories manufactured or supplied by LA GABRIELLE for retail sale.
Price – is the value of the Goods placed next to each Goods on the website www.lagabrielle.pl. Prices are given in Polish zloty and include VAT (they are gross prices), but do not include the cost of delivering the Goods to the place indicated by the Customer (see: Shipping).
Supplier – is a courier company cooperating with the Seller.
Cost of delivery, shipping of goods – is the cost associated with the delivery of the Goods ordered by the Customer between the Store and the place designated by the Customer.
Order – is a purchase instruction for the Goods or Goods (offer to purchase) submitted to the Store by the Customer in accordance with these Regulations.
3. In case of errors on the pages of the Store (such as incorrect display of price, availability, etc.), the Seller reserves the right to refuse to process the Order.
4. The availability of goods is updated from Monday to Friday at noon except on public holidays.
5. information provided on the Store’s website does not constitute an offer within the meaning of the Civil Law.
6. The Seller reserves the right to limit the number of ordered Goods offered in the Store at promotional prices.
7. all Customers of the Store are prohibited from sending content of an unlawful nature or contrary to the principles of social intercourse.
II. Registration and ordering conditions
1. Placing an Order by the Customer is possible after:
completing correctly the registration form located on the Store’s website,
completing the Order form on the Store’s website,
reading and accepting the Rules and Regulations of the Store.
2. The data required for issuing a VAT invoice, the Customer may indicate in the Order, if it is required by the Customer to issue a VAT invoice.
3. Registration is one-time. For each subsequent purchase, the Customer shall use the login and password previously established on the Store’s website.
4. The login and password are confidential. Responsibility for damage caused by disclosure by the Customer to third parties, shall be borne only by the Customer.
5. Updating the data provided at registration is possible after the Customer uses the previously established login and password. Responsibility for failure to update the data is borne by the Customer.
6. By placing an Order, the Customer accepts these Regulations.
III. Order processing
1. Placing an Order on the Store’s website by the Customer is equivalent to concluding a contract of sale.
2. The amount due for the Goods and the cost of delivery of the Goods may be paid by the Customer, only according to the following possibilities:
by bank transfer to a bank account;
by credit card for payments made via the Internet;
Forms of payment are subject to change in accordance with the information on the Store’s website (in accordance with Section IV of the Terms and Conditions.).
3. The processing time of an Order lasts from 1 to 8 working days, calculated from the moment:the payment is credited to the Seller’s account in the case of payment by bank transfer or card;
4. The Seller reserves the right to additional verification of the Customer’s data, e.g. by telephone contact.
5. the Seller reserves the right to refuse to process Orders when:
the order form was filled incorrectly,
the order was placed in violation of these Regulations.
When the transaction price is the result of an obvious mistake of the Seller or an error of the system.
6. Making Orders in the Store is possible 24 hours a day, all days of the year.
7. Subject to paragraph 9, the Goods covered by the Order are delivered to the Client by the Seller together with a sales document, i.e. a fiscal receipt or a VAT invoice issued at the request of the Client. The VAT invoice is issued only if the data required when placing the Order is correctly filled in.
8. The content of sales contracts concluded in the Store is stored by the Store’s computer system for a period of at least 3 months from the date of conclusion of each contract. Each Customer, after logging in, has access to all his sales contracts concluded with the Seller during this period.
9. The Seller reserves the right of ownership of the Goods until payment in the amount of the Sale Price of the Goods in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations.
10. the terms and conditions of the sales contract shall be determined by these Regulations, applicable laws and any individual arrangements between the Seller and the Customer.
IV. Delivery of ordered Goods
1. The Seller will carry out delivery of the ordered Goods in the form of courier service through the Supplier.
2. Shipment through the Supplier is carried out within 7 working days from the time the payment is credited to the Seller’s account in the case of payment by bank transfer or card.
3. The current Cost of delivery of the Goods is given on the website of the Store.
4. The Seller shall not be liable for delays in delivery resulting from causes not attributable to him, unless such liability arises under the law.
5. All shipments are inspected by the Seller and packed with foil with stickers with the Seller’s logo. If a shipment arrives with damaged tape indicating interference by third parties, the Customer should refuse to accept such a shipment.
V. Replacement and Return of Purchased Goods
1. In accordance with Article 7 (1) of the Act of March 2, 2000 on the protection of certain consumer rights and liability for damage caused by dangerous products (Journal of Laws of 2000 No. 22 item 271 as amended) (the “Act”), the Customer who is a consumer has the right to withdraw from the contract of sale within 14 days from the date of receipt of goods.
2. The returned or exchanged Goods:
should have original and undamaged packaging provided by the manufacturer,
should be complete,
have a written return form along with a receipt – cannot bear traces of use.
The above requirements for return do not affect or limit the Customer’s rights to make a complaint in accordance with the law. The above requirements for consumers shall be interpreted in each case in accordance with applicable law.
3. In the event of withdrawal from the contract of sale, on the principle indicated in sec. VI.1., both the Seller and the Customer who is a consumer are obliged to return everything they received from the other party under the concluded contract.
4. The right of withdrawal shall not be granted to the consumer in the cases specified in detail in Article 10.3 of the Act.
5. The Customer, with the consent of the Seller, may, within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Goods, exchange the Goods for another.
6. In the case of exchange of the Goods, the payment made for the Goods in the amount of the Price shall be credited to the Price of the newly ordered Goods, the difference in the Price, if any, shall be paid by the Customer to the more expensive item of exchange accordingly. The return should be made to the address Wilcza street 72/7 000-670 Warsaw
VI. Complaint of goods
1. In accordance with the Act on Special Terms of Consumer Sales and Amendments to the Civil Code of 27 July 2002 (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 141, item 1176, as amended) to Customers who are consumers, the Seller shall be liable for non-compliance of the Goods with the contract. In the case of Customers who are not consumers, the Seller is liable under the terms of the Civil Code.
2. When reporting a complaint, the Customer is obliged to send the Goods together with a properly completed complaint form and proof of purchase to the address: LA GABRIELLE Wilcza 72/7 00-670 WARSAW.
3. The Customer should provide in the complaint form contact details enabling contact with the Customer, including but not limited to telephone number or e-mail address.
VII. Seller’s liability
1. The Seller shall not be liable for any consequences arising from improper or inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions execution of the Order by the Customer, in particular improper completion of the registration form or order form.
2. Subject to mandatory provisions of the law, with regard to Customers who are not consumers, the Seller’s liability is limited to losses and does not include lost profits, and may not exceed the amount of the Price.
VIII. Protection of personal data
1. By registering in the Store, the Customer consents to the collection and processing by the Seller of personal data provided in the form within the meaning of the Act of August 29, 1997 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 101, item 926, as amended) solely for the purpose of carrying out Orders.
2. The customer may agree to receive advertising and commercial information from the Seller through the Registration form and marking the appropriate option in it. This information may be transmitted to the customer, among others, by means of electronic communication. The consent is not a condition for the execution of the Order.
3. The customer has the right to inspect the contents of the personal data provided and to correct them, as well as to request the deletion of data.
4. the Customer making a purchase in the store agrees to provide his e – mail address to LA GABRIELLE ARCANO SP.ZO.O.and to the processing by the online store www.lagabrielle.pl of the Customer’s personal data for the purpose of sending messages electronically (in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Act on Personal Data Protection of 29.08.1997 ).
IX. Final provisions
1. Amendments to the Rules may be made at any time.
2. The Rules and Regulations and their amendments shall come into force upon their announcement on the Store’s website.